Learn English in Hong Kong – 5 Good Reasons Why?
1. Hong Kong is an ‘education superpower’ according to a recent international study. Perhaps due to it’s historic ties with the UK, Hong Kong has an East-meets-West education system that is second to none, with four of Hong Kong’s eight universities ranked in the top 200 universities in the world. Hong Kong is very proud of its record as a world leader in education and choosing to study English in Hong Kong will enable you to be part of this renowned education system.
2. Hong Kong is the gateway to mainland China and other great countries around South East Asia. It has one of the most modern and efficient airports globally and is the ideal location in which to base yourself if you would like to explore this fascinating region of the world.
3. Along with Cantonese and Mandarin, English is one of Hong Kong’s official languages. Thousands of foreign expatriates come to Hong Kong to work or study; many are from the West and virtually all of them speak English well. In Hong Kong, there certainly is no shortage of English speakers with whom you can practise your English.
4. Historic ties to the UK and close connection to mainland China have resulted in a proliferation of excellent language training centres, many of which teach English as a foreign language. There really is an abundance of English language centres in Hong Kong to choose from.
5. Hong Kong is a very modern city splendidly entwined with ancient tradition and a perfect blend of Eastern and Western influences. Whilst highly developed and heavily populated, around 60% of Hong Kong is still undeveloped, leaving plenty of wide open spaces – including mountain ranges, woodlands, beaches and tranquil islands – enabling you and your classmates to easily escape the bustling city life at the end of a busy week studying English.